Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 357: Waiting in Memphis

Her job was to stand in the airport, waiting for passengers coming in and out of the airline gates. She was to be on call if any of them needed help getting to their connections. She was leaning against one of those wheelchairs that they use to push folks down the terminal corridors.

She looked bored, so I stepped over to her and asked her my question. It was kind of loud in the airport, so I had to ask it again so she could hear me. But she said I could pray for her. She kind of mumbled it out, not sure what to say. But when I asked whether I could could pray for her right there on the spot, she agreed. So I did.

Afterward, she thanked me and shook my hand. Her grip was very weak. But she was smiling, still a little puzzled over what had just happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment