Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 360: A tip and a prayer

I’d been there before, sitting on a shuttle bus, waiting to get dropped off at the airport. The driver was a woman who wanted to know directly what airline I was flying. And then she spoke seriously into her walkie-talkie.

When we got to our stop, I let the other passengers get off before I handed her a tip and then asked her my question. She adjusted around in her seat to face me better, and then her whole head shifted backward and she said, “Pray for me?” It was the confused question, not sure what I was after.

So I told her I wanted to say a prayer for her quickly. The bus lane wasn’t busy at the moment. She didn’t seem to care about that. She just said that I could pray for her. She even smiled a little. So I prayed. Then I thanked her, hopped off the bus and walked into the New Orleans airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment