Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 363: Light bulbs

It amazes me how many light bulbs it takes to run such an ordinary household. And it's not just the quantity. It's the different variations in size -- the ones with the really small tips, the ones that are normal, the ones that are round, the ones that are oblong, the incandescent ones, the fluorescent ones. You get the point.

So I was standing in the light bulb aisle for a good 10 minutes trying to figure out what to buy. There was a tall guy stocking shelves next to me. So before I left, I stopped to ask to pray for him. He was fiddling with some empty boxes at the time, but he paused to look at me. "Why?" I told him I like to pray for someone every day.

He let that soak in, and then he just said "yes." It wasn't an eager "yes," or even a really reluctant one. He just agreed. So I prayed for him right there in the aisle. There wasn't much to say after that. So I thanked him and left.

Just two days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment