Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 283: Walking slow

He was a short guy, ambling along 1st Street and then Mosley. He was walking slowly, in no hurry to get where he was going. He was nicely dressed. And it wasn't until I got up to him that I realized how short he really was.

I caught up to him from behind and as I was passing him, I asked him my question. He just looked at me with a funny look on his face. He was of Asian descent, and wore thick rimmed glasses. "Pray for me?" I told him a little about my project then, how I like to pray for someone every day. He considered this, still smiling. "Well," he said, "if you're having trouble finding someone to pray for, I guess you could pray for me ... if it doesn't start raining." It's been a rainy week and every now and then a smattering of rain would fall.

So I told him I'd be quick, and I was. I prayed that God would bless him. I prayed some other things there, but it still was quick. Then he thanked me, pulling his hand out of his pocket to shake my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment