Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 276: A Lexus

He was driving a silver Lexus SUV. He was in his 70s probably, but he looked fit and healthy, with his glasses perched on his nose and his shirt sleeves rolled up. I took him for a retired businessman. He also had a bit of an intellectual air to him. His wife was sitting quietly in the passenger's seat while he filled up with gas.

He smiled at my question. He seemed like a welcoming, kind man. "I could probably use one," he said. So I asked if I could say a quick prayer for him then. I explained my project. He said I could, and he bowed his head while I prayed.

Afterward, he shook my hand. He asked if I was "affiliated" with any particular group. I took that to mean some group that makes its mission out of this type of witnessing. I just told him I felt God was calling me to reach out to people. He said that was a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment