Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 268: 'Pray for everybody'

He looked like he hadn't quite departed the '60s. He was about 60 himself, with short white hair and a beard. He was wearing glasses, a kind-of Hawaiian t-shirt and shorts. He was a laid-back guy, or at least that was my impression.

I asked if I could ask him a question. "Sure. I don't know that I have an answer for you," he said. He spoke loudly. I just asked him my question, whether I could pray for him. He paused, and then, "Sure. You can pray for everybody." Well, as a matter of fact ...

So I just told him a little about my project. He was a sarcastic guy, and said I could pray for him -- "You can do whatever you want." So I did. He didn't stop what he was doing (getting gas, of course). Then I thanked him and started to reach out my hand to shake his. But he just turned and walked into the convenience store.

No comments:

Post a Comment