Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 280: The hat?

He was an older guy with a Kansas Jayhawks hat. He had been washing the windows on his truck. I stopped him just as he turned to get back into the driver's seat. He was friendly when asked him my question.

The long pause. I could see his eyes looking at me curiously through his sunglasses. He must have decided it was a joke. "Is it because of the hat?" he asked with a smile. I laughed at that a little bit. Then he said I could pray for him and stuck his hand out for a fist bump, which I returned. (Oldest guy I've ever gotten a fist bump from, I think). I had asked if I could pray for him right there on the spot, but he noted a car was waiting for him to move at the gas station and had to leave.

I prayed for him later.

No comments:

Post a Comment