Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 278: Sugar, oil, pudding

That was my grocery list. Did you know that you can buy two 5-pound bags of sugar less expensively than you can buy one 10-pound bag? That was my education tonight.

The cashier was a nice guy. I was the last one into his line before he put up the "lane closed" sign. I actually arrived there too late, but he let me in anyway. It was the 20-items-or-less line. We chatted about the card scanner and how it often didn't work (it did this time) and about the plastic bags, which resist the notion of holding 10 pounds of sugar.

He handed me my receipt, and I asked if I could pray for him. His face scrunched up, confused: "Pray for who?" "I'd like to pray for you," I said. He considered this for a moment and then said I could. But he didn't have time right then for me to do it. So I told him I'd pray for him as I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment