Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 275: Watchful

He was keeping an eye on me from the start. He watched me from the moment I pulled into the gas station to the point that I pulled into the stall next to his. It was a pretty busy gas station on Rock Road in Wichita, so it was a little unnerving that he picked me out as the guy to watch. So I almost didn't approach him. And then I thought better of it.

He was a young guy, no more than 30 years old, with glasses. He was driving a white four-door car. I stepped over to talk to him after he got back from buying a quart of oil. He had gotten into his car when I got his attention, and he got out quickly to listen to what I had to say. He didn't hesitate at my question. He said I could pray for him.

So I did. It was a very short prayer. Then he shook my hand and thanked me. To me, it was kind of a weird exchange. He was very attentive. But he almost seemed ready for me -- certainly not at all surprised I would ask something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment