Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 31: A fanny pack

He was dressed business casual. The only thing I didn’t get was the fanny pack. You don’t see one of those every day. But he agreed to let me pray for him. I’d seen him walking in Old Town, which has kind of become my mission field with this project. I think it’s a good one – a lot of people work there, a lot of people play there and a lot of people stay there when traveling.

I saw him as I was out walking after some big storms tonight. People at that time were just starting to venture out into the streets again, just as the light was fading from the sky. When I asked if I could pray for him, he paused only for a moment and then said I could. He asked me first, though, where I went to church. I told him.

It was kind of an odd question because, as I found out in talking to him, he was from Georgia. Apparently, he was in town on business. His shirt had the logo of TECT, which is an aviation company. It settled in my mind – at least a little bit -- the fanny pack.

He was very nice. I prayed for his safety and his work and that his relationship with God would only deepen. Then he shook my hand and we went opposite directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment