Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 258: Flustered

He was a 50-something guy driving a red station wagon. And he was one of those who hangs on to the gas pump the whole time he's filling up with gas, watching the meter add up the gallons. I just thought there was something interesting about him. So I sought him out for a prayer.

Boy, did it catch him by surprise. He didn't know what to do, whether to say yes or no or to just walk away. He kind of stammered an answer and looked at me with an uncomfortable smile. But the answer was "yes," so I prayed for him on the spot.

Then I thanked him, and he immediately headed for the door of his car. I stopped him though, noting he hadn't put his gas cap back on. He mumbled an answer again and without making eye contact, came back around the car. I wished him a good night and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment