Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 230: Trash can

He was driving an old red van, pulling a trailer that held a metal trash can containing what looked like a bunch of brush and dirt. It was strapped down, squarely in the middle of the trailer. He sat in the van while it was filling up with gas. I watched him flip through a calendar and jot down a few things. I figured he was a handyman of some kind.

After he put the gas nozzle back, I stopped him to ask him my question. He immediately said yes. "I'll take as many prayers as I can get," he said. So I prayed for him. He was very attentive and thankful for it. After he got back in his van, he looked back at me, "God bless you," he said.

It was a nice encounter. It seemed like I've encountered some negativity lately. It's something I believe we have to embrace. Still, it persists. So when I was at Walmart later, I asked the clerk how she was doing. Not well apparently. She told me she felt a sickness coming on. I told her I would pray for her. It felt like such a natural thing to do. But she didn't say a word in response to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment