Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 236: Storms

The wind was blowing wildly, and large, smattering drops of rain occasionally came swooping down from the sky. I was in a hurry, just looking for someone to pray for so I could go home. I found a young guy standing next to a little red Honda, and I asked him my question. He was maybe 20 years old, with a little goatee and his hat on backward.

He looked at me like I was a little nuts. I don't blame him. He asked me why I wanted to pray for him, so I told him about my project. "Well, OK," he said. So I prayed for him right away, asking God to bless him. He was smiling when I looked up. I could tell now he was convinced. He seemed to think it was kind of cool what I'd just done. "I know it's a little weird," I said, shaking his hand, "but it's just something I do." He would have none of that. "No, I really respect that," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment