Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 240: A 'no' from a dog

The dog said no. I'm pretty sure of that. I had gone to Winfield to hear a lecture at Southwestern College and was on my way back when I stopped at the turnpike rest stop. I saw a woman there with a little boy, filling up a red car with gas. The boy was wearing boots, and the woman let him put the gas nozzle into the car.

I stuck my head around the gas pump and asked my question. The woman stepped over to me, but she was reluctant to turn full toward me -- instead, she was kind of looking at me out of the corner of her eye. Protective and probably a bit suspicious, I'm sure. That was understandable. But she needn't be. After all, she had a dog. I hadn't noticed him in the passenger's seat. But he noticed me. Immediately after I asked my question, the dog barked angrily at me.

I couldn't help but laugh. "That sounds like a no," I said. The woman smiled. The ice was broken a bit. She said I could pray for her. So I did, asking God's blessing and protection for the woman, the little boy and even the dog. She thanked me.

No comments:

Post a Comment