Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 251: A Ford Focus

He was a short round guy, about my age, filling up a blue Ford Focus. I had a few clues about him. He had a bunch of dress clothes hanging in the back seat of the car, along with some other stuff, so I figured he was traveling. This was confirmed by a look at his license plate, which indicated he was from Ellis County (which would be the Hays area). So I figured he was going home after a week of working.

I asked if I could pray for him. He gave me a skeptical look, so I told him why. He relented a bit. "Sure, anybody can pray for me." So I asked him if I could pray for him right then. To this he had another question: "Do you mean pray for me, or pray with me?" Both, I told him, but I assured him he wouldn't have to say anything. So I prayed as he finished topping off his tank. Then I thanked him and went back to filling up my car with gas.

Before I left, I saw him pull into a parking stall in front of QuikTrip, where a woman came out of the store and got into his car. So I figured he was traveling with his wife. He'd at least have a story to tell her.

No comments:

Post a Comment