Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 234: Flip-flops

I walked through downtown Wichita, all the way to the Broadview Hotel along Douglas and back to Old Town along 1st Street. It's a pretty desolate place in the evenings. Tonight wasn't much different, although there were a few people out and about.

I came across a young guy at about Broadway, as I was headed back. Actually, he came up to me, walking behind me. I could hear the flip, flop, flip, flop of his sandals as he chugged along. I turned and asked him my question when we came to a stoplight in the street.

He paused to shut off the music he was listening to. He was a young guy, no more than 25 years old. He sported a beard and was wearing shorts, a backpack and, of course, flip-flops. To me, he looked like one of those single guys, free on the earth, with little-to-no real responsibilities to worry about.

He said I could pray for him, but he was hesitant. I didn't ask twice. I just prayed that God would bless him that night. He just nodded and moved on. I went another direction, praying for him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment