Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 248: The sweater-shirt

He was walking down a narrow space between two buildings in Old Town. It was on my normal path, so I stopped him and asked him my question. He looked like an average guy, maybe 40 years old and a little short and a little round. There's not much else to say about him, other than the sweater-shirt. It was oversized, and I'm still not sure whether it was a shirt or a sweater -- hence the name.

He didn't really want to stop after I spoke to him. He kept walking, and then he didn't turn around for a moment. When he did, he just mumbled a reply. I don't think he wanted anything to do with me. I looked right in his eyes and asked him my question. He thought about it for a moment, and then he pointed at me -- "That'd be alright," he said -- and he turned and walked away.

It wasn't necessarily a pleasant response, but it got the job done. I prayed for him as I walked back to my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment