Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 96: Bread

You can't eat chili without bread. That's not a fact. You actually can. But, in my opinion, there's just something in chili that cries out for a good piece of bread. So I was standing in the check-out line with a loaf of bread -- and some blueberry bagels I picked up for some reason, not sure why.

The cashier's name was Ian. He was a tall, young guy. I asked him how he was. "I'll be a lot better when I get out of here," he said. He was to work until 9 p.m., three hours away. We chatted a little more and then he handed me my receipt. I asked him my question.

He accepted it pretty much instantly. "Go ahead," he said. I felt the need then to clarify. I really wanted to pray for him right there on the the spot. I don't know why I gave him another chance to skip out. But he was willing. "Go ahead," he said again. So I did, praying for his work that night and that God would bless him in some way.

He thanked me as I grabbed my bread and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment