Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 85: Blue collar

The gas station I chose wasn't my normal one. It was in an area surrounded by hotels in more of an industrial area, a place I always used to fill up when I was in high school. I liked it because it was a bit out of the way. Tonight, I liked it because there were plenty of people there.

I pulled in as a two pickup trucks full of utility line workers stopped in at the convenience store. About eight of them piled out, joking and talking on their phones. They'd had a long day by the looks of them, but it didn't dampen their mood. Meanwhile, across from me was a guy about 25 years old, filling up his pickup. He wore boots and a baseball cap, surely just finished working some job some where. He pre-paid and walked back out as I was finishing up.

I figured this was as good a chance as any. So I asked if I could pray for him. I love the smiles I get sometimes. He kind of glanced around, grinned and told me that sure, I could pray for him. So I did, asking for God's blessing on him that night. He thanked me when I'd finished. I took one more glance around at all the activity there that night and then drove home.

No comments:

Post a Comment