Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 91: A new friend

We stopped for gas in Buena Vista, Colo., and I went inside for some coffee and Juicy Fruit gum for the kids. The attendant was a woman, working alone on a Sunday morning in the mountains.

I asked her how business had been going. It had been a good fall up until about a week ago. The tourists have largely disappeared. And from Christmas until about Memorial Day, it would be pretty dead around here.

Before I left, I asked her my question. She smiled and told me I could pray for her. So I did, asking for God's blessing on her for that beautiful day and praying for her business, that it would be a success. After my "amen," she said, "And thank you Jesus, for my new friend."

Her name was Sue. And I thanked God I found her.

No comments:

Post a Comment