Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 89: Pillows

We drove to Colorado today. Tomorrow is my aunt's funeral. It has been a tough three months in our family.

But I got to pray for someone today. We've piled our family into a single hotel room in Castle Rock -- me and Mary and four kids. This, of course, required some extra pillows. So I went down and talked to the hotel receptionist.

She works alone for her shift, staffing the front desk and helping with odd requests like mine. I helped her with the pillow cases, and she told me how business was slow and that it got kind of lonely sometimes. But she was friendly and definitely chatty.

So I asked if I could pray for her. She didn't hestitate. I asked for God's blessing in her work, and then I asked whether she had any specific prayer requests. She couldn't think of any. "Jesus has been good to me," she said. I was glad for that and took those pillows back to the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment