Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 304: Mumbling

He was a bulky guy with a sleeveless shirt and a little beard. He was tough-looking. He also mumbled. When I asked him my question, he mumbled a response. So I asked again, and I'm not sure what he said then.

So I explained my project -- that I like to pray for one person every day -- and he said something like, "Well, I'll give it a try." Now, I'm not opposed to someone praying for me. But I'm pretty sure that's not what he meant. I'm not really sure what he meant. So I just told him I'd pray for him, and I did. It was a short prayer asking for God's blessing.

The guy was looking at me when I lifted my head. Then he just nodded. I'm still not sure what he got out of it. He was just standing there, still filling up his little white car with gas when I drove off.

No comments:

Post a Comment