Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 299: Enchilada

We had a date night and were eating at On The Border on the west side of Wichita. It wasn't very busy, and the service was really quick. We had our food within about five minutes of being there. And, without kids, we were done within about 20 minutes of walking in the door.

The waiter was a young guy who didn't really have enough to do. He wandered by us several times just checking to make sure we had everything we needed. After I'd paid our check, I asked him my question. He said I could pray for him, so I did.

He thanked me then and then stopped to chat with us for a little bit. He said he'd only been working there since March. He's from Topeka, where he found himself getting into trouble. This was a good change for him to be in Wichita.

The fact of the matter was that he opened up to us. It was like once he knew we were Christians, it was safe to talk about stuff. He didn't give us a whole lot of information, but he did assure us that his life was much improved from where it had been. Hopefully, it will get even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment