Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 302: EZ Go, Oklahoma

That's where I stopped -- an EZ Go convenience store near Muskogee, Okla. I was kind of irritated by then. I'd been on a toll road where every 20 miles or so they asked for a $1.50. So I'd run out of cash. To keep going, I had to get some more. I thought the toll was too high, considering the quality of the highway!

Anyway, I needed gas, too. It's funny how God can change your attitude. I walked over to a guy filling up with gas next to me and asked him my question. He was standing next to a little car with Texas plates. He looked like a businessman. His white dress shirt was wrinkled up in the back where he'd been sitting in his car. He was probably in his 30s.

He looked at me with a little grin and thought it over, and finally said that yes, I could pray for him. So I said a quick prayer of blessing on him during his travels. He thanked me, and I walked into the convenience store looking for a bathroom -- and an ATM machine. I wasn't mad any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment