Tuesday, June 21, 2011

After 10 months ...

I've been looking forward to this point since I started this project. First, my goal was to get to one month. And then it was one quarter. And then it was 100 days. And then it was half a year. But all along, I was looking forward just to getting past Day 300. It would all be downhill from there. Just 65 short days left and the project would be over. By Day 300, I figured, I would be so accustomed to this project that it would all be easy. And with the end in sight, the momentum and excitement would just build.

So here I am, 10 days into this "final stretch," and I'm finding it to be not quite what I expected. Actually, it's just the same as it's always been -- kind of a grind. But I am excited. This project has been great, and just thinking that God has carried me through 310 days still is mind-boggling.

I'll also say this, it certainly hasn't seemed like 10 months have gone by. It's been a quick year.

For the record, the final day is August 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment