Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 227: Out of gas

Most of us have been there, either completely out of gas or in need of helping someone who is. The thought goes through your mind at about that time, "Why didn't you look at the gas gauge?" You've got to fill up. You can't go forever on 15 gallons. You just can't.

So the woman at the gas pump, I figure, was thinking these thoughts as she filled up the little red gas canister. Of course, I knew nothing of this when I stopped to ask her my question. She was in her 40s and had very large eyes. She smiled and thanked me, but said, "I can't right now. My son has just run out of gas on the highway, and the police are there with him now."

I just told her that I would pray for her son, and for her. She thanked me. Then she stepped into her car and drove off, headed for the highway. I prayed for protection for them both. May they be filled up.

No comments:

Post a Comment