Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 203: Low-rider

He was a young guy, walking out to his truck from the convenience store, listening to his cell phone. I was done filling up my car, and so I waited until he reached his truck -- a black low-ride pickup -- so I could ask him my question. He had a beard, and was probably 25 years old.

As always, the question caught him by surprise. And he stammered out an, "I guess so." So I ducked and prayed for him, that God's blessing would follow him that night. He smiled and thanked me afterward. It was clear, though, that he still didn't know what to think of that prayer.

But as I drove home, I couldn't help but wonder, as I often do, about how God would use those words, along with other words that man may hear along the way. Maybe he'll end up a preacher. Maybe he'll be the next Billy Graham. It's a good thought to ponder. Only God knows the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment