Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 210: The pilot

His jacket identified him as a "Hawker Beechcraft Executive Pilot." His cap said the same. He was filling up a little car with gas. I stuck my head around the gas pump -- I was driving Mary's mini-van -- and asked him my question. I'd read what was on his ballcap before I spoke to him, and was somewhat interested in what he did for a living.

He was much less interested in me. "I guess so," he said, taking one glance at me and then turning his eyes back to the gas pump. He was one of those guys who fills up his car without taking his hand off the gas nozzle. I'm not sure why people do that.

So he wasn't very interested, but he said I could pray for him. So I did, telling God that I didn't know this man but figured he was a pilot, and I asked God to bless him in his work. Then I thanked him. The pilot didn't really say anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment