Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 198: A clear head

She was standing in that little walkway between the Hotel at Old Town and the parking garage, smoking a cigarette and going through her purse. At first I walked right by. It was starting to get dark, and I didn't want to scare her. It would have been different if it was a guy. Guys all could use a little scaring.

But then something made me turn around. So I did, and I walked back to where she was. When I got her attention, she walked right up to me. She was about 45 years old, dressed for business. She paused when I asked her my question. And then she said "Sure."

"I was just waiting for someone," she said, "and I was just out here ... " She trailed off a little. What she was trying to say was she was trying to clear her head. And so she said again that I could pray for her. So I did. She thanked me then and walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment