Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 9: Emergency workers

Some sort of training exercise was held today in an empty parking lot not far from where we live. I saw the emergency vehicles gathered there when I was on my way home for lunch, so I stopped by. Three guys were leaning against their cars when I drove up. I suppose they were standing watch to make sure no one got in and disturbed what was going on. They were just idly talking.

One of them was a short guy in fatigues – Army Guard, I think. Then there was a big burly guy – a police officer or a state trooper. And there was another older guy, sitting in the driver’s seat of a van. I’m not sure who he was with. I asked if I could pray for them. The Army guy said that would be OK, at least it was OK with him. He seemed the most willing. The other two agreed as well. So I prayed for them and their safety, thanking God for guys willing to do what they do.

They thanked me, and I left. That makes seven days in a row people have allowed me to pray for them. All I had to do was ask.

1 comment: